Senior software engineer currently living in Frankfurt, Germany. Lead developer of a small Android team at ioki.com with plenty of prior experience in backend development as well. Passionate about good engineering, comprehensible code, and great user experiences.
References available on request.
At ioki, we’re building an on-demand platform for efficient and flexible public transport systems. As the longest standing member of the team, I have laid a lot of the foundation and architecture for this application; including theming, remote API communication and error handling. A few notable responsibilities:
- Representing the Android side of things when discussing product-wide features
- Playing a big part in hiring and interviewing other co-workers
- Mentoring of new team members
- Making major contributions to modularizing the codebase
- Maintaining a state-machine-backed unidirectional dataflow approach to development
360T is a foreign exchange marketplace and was my first workplace in Germany. I was part of the integration team, connecting client finance systems (banks and large corporations) with the 360T platform to enable trading. Tasks entailed:
- Developing and maintaining a large number of small Java applications that interact with customer systems through various API:s
- Architecting new solutions to large-scale problems
- Working with a wide range of data formats and protocols such as REST, SOAP, FIX, SFTP and email
- Frequently presenting at internal developer meetups
- Mentoring of working students and other newcomers
C4 Contexture (since acquired by Ariser) was a software company specializing in building Product Information Management systems. My tasks during my six months at the company included:
- Integrating Product Information Management systems on customer provided platforms using proprietary configuration and scripting tools
- Solving modelling problems in line with customer needs
Tieto (now TietoEVRY) is a leading Nordic IT services and software company and my first workplace. At the time I was working there, the Umeå office specialised mostly in telecom. Some of the things I did in the team were:
- Developing and maintening a Java based full-stack web application built on MySQL, JPA, JAX-WS, JAX-RS and Apache Wicket
- Discussing requirements and goals with customers on a daily basis
- Travelling abroad to train other development teams
Studied Computer Science until 2011 when I took a study break to work at Tieto. A few years later I finished the studies with a thesis project.
The development of this Android app started in 2015 and has been a huge source of learnings for me. I use it mostly as a way to learn and try out new ideas and technologies. It has undergone major rewrites, a language change to Kotlin, modularization, migration to RxJava, migration to coroutines, migration to Jetpack Compose, and much more.